The hype on Eastbound got so high that it was no longer possible for me to not watch it. I recently finished the six short episodes of season one and was pleased but not that impressed. Will Ferrell and Adam McKay produce the new series, while Danny McBride and Jody Hill wrote the episodes.
- Yeah sure he is the main character, but Danny McBride makes this show. It's not half as good with somebody else that people think is funny. He's been getting a lot of credit now for his work in Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder, but if you want to see him at his best, check him out as Rico in Hot Rod.
- The maturation of Stevie (right) from loser dork into loser that acts like a jerk was a masterpiece. Whether it's dressing in all black at the bbq or bringing his band students out to the baseball field and yelling at them when they weren't facing the right way, he was gold by the end of this season.
- The third and final thing that made this first season good was cursing at a middle school. For this reason alone, thank you for HBO. The f word in from of little kids is hillarious. Especially when no one, even the principal, punishes him for his behavior.
- Kenny Powers- Danny McBride
- Stevie Janowski- Steve Little
- Pat Anderson- Adam Scott
- Ashley Schaeffer- Will Ferrell
- Cassie Powers- Jennifer Irwin