Sunday, September 7, 2008

Newbies on CBS


Last year when I first saw this commercial, I cracked up immediately. I continued to laugh every time I saw this guy act completely awkward on the phone. I literally turned to the person next to me after seeing it for the 30th time and said, 'now why doesn't this guy have his own sitcom?' Well I guess the television Gods were listening because now Kevin Bornheimer has his own comedy on CBS called Worst Week. Bornheimer stars as Sam Briggs who continually has a terrible week with his girlfriend and her parents. I think this show definitely has some promise.


Gary Unmarried is another new sitcom on CBS. It stars Jay Mohr (not the ex Wells High Basketball Coach) as a divorced guy with a kid. It seems like it will be kind of the generic sitcom that fails. It really doesn't have a niche to build on. I enjoy Jay Mohr but I don't think he'll be able to carry the show on his own. I'm gonna give it a shot this fall, mostly for the love of Christmas Do-Over.

No comments: