Friday, December 21, 2007
Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones had much less comedic value than Phantom Menace, but I liked the action and storyline a little more. Obi-Wan became a stud in the ten years between I and II. On the other hand, Anikan went from being a joyful and funny young boy, to an annoying, jerk of a 20 year old. I also hated that Queen Amidala ended up loving him. T-time made a great comment during the wedding sequence. "I can understand that (Queen Amidala) can accept that he murdered a couple dozen slaves and slave owners, but how can she accept that weird robot arm?" The final fight scene was pretty unbelievable in my mind. After Count Dooku takes out Obi-Wan and cuts Anikan's arm off, Yoda walks in to take care of business. Because he was using his cane and struggling to walk into the room, I was very surprised at Yoda's extreme quickness and flying spin kicks.
Favorite Epidisode II Characters
5. Senator Amidala- Although I hated that she ended up with Anikan, I still enjoyed her through the beginning.
4. Mace Windu (right)- Such a stud in the master jedi meetings. People just come to him with questions of what to do and Mace just lets them know what's up.
3. C3PO- Again, little action but some of comments to R2D2 in the Episode were great. I also got a kick out of his head and body getting switched around on the droids.
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi- Went from a character I didn't like to almost number one in the movie within the ten year gap between Episode I and II. It might have had to do with the much better hair-do and the fantastic beard. Maybe once you become a master you automatically have to be sweet.
1. Yoda (right)- Being so powerful and wise with the force makes him good, and his unbelievable fighting abilities bring him to greatness, but it his incredible voice by Frank Oz that put him over the top for me.
Stay tuned for Episodes 3,4,5,6
Posted by Dan Forcella at 10:08 AM