Tuesday, June 10, 2008
So I was recently turned on to the Joe Schmo Show by T-time. I watched all 10 episodes within the last week because it was so good. Those of you who have no idea what it is...it was a parody of a reality show aired for two seasons in 2003-2004. In the first season, which is known as much better than season 2, the producers went out and found a guy that they wanted to center the show around. They then found 9 actors to play the 8 other reality show contestants, as well as the host of the fake reality show, Lap of Luxury. They filmed the show like Big Brother, where everyone lived in a house and competed for immunity and then voted out a housemate one at a time. It was hilarious to watch 'Joe Schmo' or Matt Kennedy Gould, deal with the ridiculous situations that the producers and directors put him through. The private interviews by the actors were also great because they were acting completely different than in the house. The best was the guy who was pretending to be a flaming gay guy with a cuban accent and then in his interviews was straight as an arrow. It was also awesome when the whole show ended and Joe Schmo finally found out that the whole thing was fake. He took it really well and was overwhelmed by the whole thing. It was great to watch because he was a great guy. The show wouldn't have worked if he wasn't such a great guy.
1. Matt Kennedy Gould- "Joe Schmo"
2. Steve "The Hutch" Hutchinson- "The Asshole"
3. Carlos "Kip" Calderas- "The Gay Guy"
4. Ralph Garman- "The Smarmy Host"
5. Molly Crabtree- "The Virgin"
6. Dr. Pat Lane- "The Quack" (played by Kristin Wiig)
7. Earl Bradford- "The Veteran"
8. Ashleigh Rivera- "The Rich Bitch"
9. Brian Keith Ethridge- "The Buddy"
10. Gina Price- "The Schemer"